Tuesday 17 December 2013

Tugboats in Maine

I've been away travelling (and photographing) for the last couple of week, so I apologize for not having posted in a while. I have decided to spend part of the Christmas holidays sorting and organizing the many pictures I have taken over the course of the last few years –which is a very wintery thing to do, perfect for dark, dull or cold days when it is cozier to be indoors. Pictures are as much about memories as anything else, and it is delightfully relaxing and nostalgic to recall former journeys, holidays or events. We tend however to remember initially only the good things. I loved this trio of tugboats that I saw in Portland and the blue sky would seem to suggest a warm summer's day; but then I suddenly remembered that it was actually October, and how utterly cold I was that day; how the wind howled and drove straight through me (I was on a boat at the time. Brrrrr- I feel it now! Location: Portland, Maine, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment