Monday 2 December 2013

Thinking About the Mountains

Autumn has whizzed by and suddenly it's nealy Christmas. But I still haven't finished digesting the magnificent time I had in the mountains in late summer. It is as if it was only yesterday. But powerfully moving moments or periods or images tend to stay with us with far greater freshness than the hum-drum activities of daily life, and I only need to close my eyes to be back up in the mountains. Now the countryside below is sprinkled with snow, the lake is freezing over and insects, cattle and visitors are gone. But I yearn to be there now too –any time of the year is magical and special, but perhaps most of all when it is quiet -totally quiet, except for the wind... Well, until I return there are at least photographs to enjoy. I think this one captures something of the wild charm of the countryside, with the quiet farmsteads and far off peaks of the Jotunheimen range, home of the Norse Gods. The clouds here are very moody, giving the otherwise peaceful picture a sense of drama, whilst the rough road beckons you forward. Miss it lots! Location: Valdres, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment