Monday 5 August 2013

A Familiar View, Different Season

I have just returned from my favourite place in the whole world -the mountains of Valdres in Norway, and had the chance to photograph again many of the places I shot last autumn, including the heading photograph of this blog. Only now the summer farms were populated with grazing cows, sheep and goats, and verdant greens formed the palette of colours rather than the golden browns of autumn. Each season has its own beauty and charm though, and I have already planned to return to this place in the thick of winter to capture the same image when covered with snow. But here, briefly perhaps, is glorious summer, to be enjoyed to the full. I particularly liked the effect of the splash of red from the walker's jacket, and, though it is somehow bizarrely located in such an idyllic landscape, the abandoned retro yellow petrol pump -which I learned was now being used by birds as a rather luxurious nest! Location: Valdres, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment