Friday 9 August 2013

Just Before Sunrise

Around 3.30 one morning last week while I was staying in a mountain lodge, I got up to peer out of the window because the colour of the sky was so fabulous and had woken me up, partly. I sleepily imagined I was still dreaming, but grabbed my camera and snapped this shot before clambering back to bed. Sunsets in the mountains can be dramatic and powerful, but few people get to see the sunrise, which seemed gentler, more wistful and somehow rather mysterious. There was a bit of mist on the lake, and this adds to that effect. I only wish I had been quick-thinking enough to go properly outside and take more photographs, but I was still half-asleep and only took one, so this is the only proof I have of that magical morning, but it captures for me both the stillness and the beauty of this special landscape. Location: Valdres, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment