Tuesday 6 August 2013

Cows On Their Way To Tea

All this week I will be highlighting pictures from my beloved Valdres in central Norway. It really is my favourite place on Earth, and I have been going there for 25 years. The first time I was there I took some really fabulous pictures, only to discover later that I had forgotten to put film in the camera! Hopefully my practical photography skills have improved a little since then, even though I am now digital. I took this picture one evening about five o'clock when the cows returned to their barn for the night. Cows in Valdres famously produce the best milk in Norway, and spend the summer months grazing freely all day in the lush mountain grass. But to intice them to return they get a little treat. These particular animals are the lazy ones –the ones who would prefer to stay out all night, and had to be rounded in by a farmer (just out of shot) who sang to them! The cows have bells around their necks, so all in all it was quite a bizarre musical experience. Location: Valdres, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment