Friday 30 December 2016

Favourite Picture of the Year

Once again, it's time to post my favourite picture of the last year. And once again, it's a picture of a cat! Now, there is no feline nepotism going on here, for this year I have also photographed dogs and many other animals, plus people, buildings, sunsets, trees, views, boats, and a thousand other things; yet sifting through all the pictures I have taken, I somehow always come back to this one from late summer - of the cat I was babysitter to (or was it the other way round !?). Villem. His look is one of superior reproach, saying (patiently but firmly): "No, you're not going to use the computer now, nor look at those books, not while I'm here; you can just forget about anything else and pay attention to me, do you understand?" I love the way he fills the frame, blocking the view of those other things in my life that clearly are of less importance. He was only with me for a short time, left so much of a mark that my flat seemed empty for weeks afterwards. The photograph makes me smile every time I see it. Happy New Year to you all, cats and humans! Location: Oslo, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment