Thursday 29 December 2016

Summer Longing

With Christmas all but over, and yet the winter barely begun, we are about to enter what I find the darkest time of the year - the long, (usually) cold month of January. At this time, I find myself often turning to thoughts and dreams of summer -both those of the past and those to come, and somehow just thinking of sunshine, beaches, warm seas and lazy evenings helps to get through weeks where, if I could, I would preferably hibernate. But, if awake we must be, it's a great time to go through all those summer photographs. Here's one that exemplifies for me a peaceful summer idyll: a perfectly quiet café by a calm blue sea, with chairs that are calling out "come on over, sit down, relax..." I like the cleanness of the image, the feeling of space, and the warm colours, with all the white surfaces reaching out to match the true pale yellows. I also like the tree a lot. Now, excuse me, while I go and sit down, I have a large, cool beer waiting over there... Location: Corfu, Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment