Tuesday 5 January 2016

ShakesYear!

Today I have launched a new blog to chronicle a year-long project I have long wanted to do, but which seems especially apt this year; namely revisiting the comlete works of William Shakespeare and reading through each play chronologically. There's a link to this new blog on the sidebar here, and plenty more about the project in my first post there. That will be a more text-based blog, but with appropriate pictures too, and needing a good photograph to launch the new blog I chose this one –a fine bust of the bard, taken in the Shakespeare room of Birmingham Central Library –home of the magnificent Shakespeare collection. I took it a little from below because I wanted to capture more of the books in the glass case behind, and the angle reflects Shakespeare's position as someone to look up to while at the same time not being so lofty and grand as to lose eye-contact with! I've always wanted one of these busts myself, but they're strangely difficult to get hold of –at least compared to busts of other notables like Beethoven, Socrates or Darth Vador. They're also extremely heavy so there was no chance I was going to steal this one! I was quite pleased with the picture though, so that's something at least. Do check out the new blog if you're interested, and don't worry, I won't be neglecting this blog just because I have another one! Location: Birmingham, England

No comments:

Post a Comment