Sunday 10 January 2016

Empty Car-Park

Places that are empty hold a strange fascination for me. I would never dream of taking a photograph of a car-park when it is full, and I try to avoid them as much as possible because I really don't like cars much, but over Christmas while out walking in my old home town in Norfolk I found the emptiness here to be rather magical. It had rained the night before (if course it had, this is England, after all!) so there were lots of puddles about, and because the surface of the car-park wasn't entirely flat there was something interesting going on, the water and reflected light on the large open area creating an almost alien surface that was at odds with the mundanity of the perfectly ordinary car-park. I thought it interesting enough to photograph, rendering it black and white to add to the mysterious quality. Location: Norfolk, England

No comments:

Post a Comment