Friday 11 December 2015

Globes!

I think one really gets a feel for the world as a cosmic entity from looking at a globe. I mean, maps are great and useful and practical, but they don’t really convey a feeling of distance, proportion or wholeness in the way that a globe does. A globe shows that which is common to us all –our planet; our world, and I for one always have a sense of wonder when I look at one. So imagine my awe at seeing 19 of them! This is the window of a travel shop quite close to where I live; it has other windows too and doesn’t just sell globes, but this is the window I always have to stop at. I found the globes looked like beads on an abacus, and the lines of the wall add to this effect –a kind of ”reckoning up” of the Earth if you like. I also thought it would be a fun picture to share. Location: Oslo, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment