Friday 18 December 2015

Favourite Pictures of the Year - 5

With Christmas and the end of the year drawing near I thought I'd round off 2015 by posting my 5 favourite pictures taken this year. I have been photographing steadily all year but there have been numerous technical issues that have prevented me from posting as much as I would like (ideally every day); these seem now to be resolved however and I look forward to sharing lots more photographs and thoughts in 2016. Today's picture was taken on the island of Samos in September and seems to me to capture the essence of a peaceful late afternoon when the sun is no longer fierce and a satisfying nap is the best thing in the world. I love cats for their poise, independence and ability to always find the best spot and never care about what anyone thinks. This chair was usually occupied by a salty boat owner who sat by the quayside of an evening. The cat may have been his, or belonged to the boat. But here, in total relaxedness, the afternoon belongs to the cat! Location: Samos, Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment