Thursday 9 April 2015

The Magic of Trains

Travel by train is – and always has been – for me the most exciting, uplifting, delightful, enjoyable, thrilling and rewarding means of getting from A to B, or from A to Z via K, R and W. Nothing relaxes me more than a long train journey, and just the sight of a train – any train, moving or stationary, long or short, old or new – sets off a whole set of excited thoughts and emotions. Very soon I shall set off again and to "warm up" I have been looking through some of the many pictures I have taken from, in or of trains. This one appealed to me both because of the locomotive and what I believe is a postal wagon of yesteryear. The clouds were moody, but resulted in some nice light effects which render well in sepia – which I think is also appropriate to the subject. Sadly, I don't think the trains I will be taking shortly will be drawn by steam engines like this, but one can dream of such things ... and there is no better place to dream than while on a train... Location: Nuremburg, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment