Saturday 8 February 2014

Fog Lifting

I took this picture in December on a visit to the little village in Norfolk where I was born. This is the view from the back of the village church. It was around ten in the morning and a thick, low fog had been lingering over the countryside, giving it a mysterious but rather romantic look. The sun was, however, itching to break through, so there was plenty of soft light above the fog and I was eager to get some pictures before "normal" conditions resumed. I was quite pleased with this one as one can almost feel the fog lifting, revealing little by little further layers of trees and hedges, and with the ever-brighter sun almost bursting through. There is movement and serenity. The trees and the contrast with the fog came out particularly well in sepia, and reinforced the whimsical and dream-like state I felt I was in by returning to my birthplace, just a few hundred yards from this spot. Location: Swanton Morley, England

No comments:

Post a Comment