Saturday 14 September 2013

Pink Pipes on Potsdamer Platz!

I have been away travelling, so this is the first post in a while. One of the places I visited was one of my favourite capital cities, Berlin. I suppose these gas pipes class as "street furniture, though they could equally pass as a modern art installation –the distinction between the two is frequently diffuse in the vibrant, bustling, eclectic metropolis that Berlin has become. What I particularly liked was how something that is potentially such an eye-sore on the iconic location of Potsdamer Platz becomes almost cheerful by being pink. I have always felt that many modern urban streetscapes are startlingly dull because of the constancy of grey, but a little colour really does make a difference. Location: Berlin, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment