Friday 20 September 2013

Dancing Cranes

Re-visiting Berlin this summer I had hoped to get some better photographs of various landmarks than I had a couple of years ago, for much of the city had been one vast building site for a long time. But, alas, it still is. Indeed, it is a booming time for construction there, and I have never seen so many roads being dug up, so many cranes on the skyline, so much scaffolding and so many building sites. Eventually I started taking pictures of them rather than the landmarks I was there for, reflecting that so much of Berlin's history has been precisely about construction and reconstruction and redevelopment. It is certainly the most vibrantly creative urban landscape in Europe today, and I am sure it will all be wonderful when it is finished. I look forward to that day... Location: Berlin, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment