Sunday 22 September 2013

Drying Out

Sometimes you have to look up to get the best perspective on something -for life as for photographs. So often we go through life looking straight ahead, missing the beauty just above our heads, or to one side, or down a side-alley. Goals are fine and necessary, but so is marvelling, feasting on the magic of the ordinary, and finding extraordinary rewards there. Like (for me) the one red piece of washing out to dry on this line. I found myself wondering whether it had found its way into the laundry by mistake, or by design. It certainly gave this rather cluttered but charming view of a Greek back street a focus. I also liked the lines and the way they cross, and the light. But the sky is really what does it for me –its blue vastness forming the perfect contrasting the cluttered conditions below. Location: Corfu, Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment