Thursday 22 February 2018

Down on the Tracks



It's been a while since I posted any pictures of trains, which is surprising considering how much of a train freak I am. I'd happily photograph trains and railway stations and everything to do with them all day long and nothing else, but I think that would be too much –at least for this blog, and there are so many other things that are worthy of photographing too. But, my thoughts at the moment are turning to plans for the spring and summer, and for rail travel in particular, and so I'm dipping into some pictures of the past for inspiration. Here's a picture from the fabulous German railway museum in Nuremberg, taken in its large outdoor yard (I've not wandered dangerously between mainline tracks if that is what you are wondering). Here, all sorts of glorious pieces of rolling stock enjoy their semi-retirement and all the attention poured on them by enthusiasts such as myself. I got right down to track level to give these two trains a sense of grandness, despite their fairly ordinary pedigree. Are the trains coming or going; do the tracks lead away from us or towards us? I'm not going to get too philosophical about it, I just thought it was a nice picture to share, and hope all your train journeys be pleasant and exciting ones!

Location: Nuremberg, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment