Tuesday 6 February 2018

Coloured Windows



There's something quite reminiscent of Piet Mondrian in this assembly of coloured glass window panes in a side-street of Dublin. But there's an eclectic mix of textures too, or rather types of glass that is far from the clean lines of the De Stijl movement and perhaps more in keeping with Irish individualism. The colours are pleasing, in a chocolate box sort of way, the allure definitely inviting –one is drawn to these windows as much to discover what is beyond as to admire them in their own right. By day such windows are perhaps merely quaint; by night they become magical. I had only my trusty pocket camera with me when I passed by here, and that is never brilliant for nighttime shots, but I did by best with what I had, wishing I had a camera that allowed a longer exposure time and greater sharpness; yet sometimes the moment is enough; the world doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful

Location: Dublin, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment