Wednesday 8 July 2015

Putney Bridge

Another entry in my series depicting bridges over the River Thames – one day I'll hopefully have photographed them all. This is Putney Bridge –perhaps not as well known as some of the other bridges further downstream, but rather a nice one – with its gentle slope, wide, graceful arches and ornate lamps. The picture was taken at low tide, and numerous birds are feasting on the rich, wet banks –but these birds are good at disguise, and only a few can be seen. If you are a careful observer of my pictures you will recognize the trademark double-decker bus that appears on most of my bridge pictures from London. In this case I had to wait a long time for a bus to come along, without it being blocked by other large vehicles on the bridge. Once I had taken the picture, however, a whole fleet of double-deckerss came along –which is typical. The sky is a bit moody and there's a brisk wind, but I find the image to be quite peaceful, and evocative of this charming part of the capital. Location: London, England

No comments:

Post a Comment