Sunday 5 July 2015

Letterboxes Sunning Themselves

Summer. A time for painting and sunbathing – or perhaps both; certainly the postboxes here seem to be lounging nonchalantly in the sun. It's probably just my imagination but I often see "things" as people - perhaps I've been in the sun too much myself! Several things intrigued me here, mostly just the somewhat unusual sight of abandoned handiwork. There were no people about but there is a lid from a yellow paint tin -why? And where is the accompanying tin? Had someone opened it and discovered they had got the wrong colour and gone off to complain? Or is the fence actually being replaced? The boards to the rear are untreated and appear to be new. I don't know; it doesn't really matter. I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for everything, and I was just passing by -and attracted by the colours, especially the yellow lid on the grass. Location: Oslo, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment