Sunday 21 June 2015

Semester's End

What is this, you may ask? In some circles I am sure it would pass as modern art. But it's simply a noticeboard at my old university stripped at the end of a semester. I made a nostalgic trip to see the old place and take some pictures, remembering with fondness the many times I hung posters here myself for some play or revue, or learned of a concert or exciting party, or looked for notices with books for sale. Posters were (and clearly still are) pasted with such frequency that one was lucky if it hung for five minutes before being covered with another. Along with nostalgia, I was attracted by the fierceness with which the board has been cleaned – almost as if an animal had gone to work here, but those pesky staples hold back a little piece of every poster and notice that has been here –on display until a new bevy of students have shows to promote, books to sell and parties to tempt... Location: Oslo, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment