Tuesday 30 June 2015

Railway Hut

A little hut (complete with curtains) at a sleepy Swedish station in the countryside – but it could be almost anywhere; and any time. I was trying to emulate a little the style of some of those magnificent 1940s and 1950s photographic travelogues in American magazines like Life or National Geograpic, and was quite pleased with the result. Black and white seemed most apt. The background is a little blurred, but I think this brings more focus to the hut itself, and I was particularly taken by the thin, vertical wooden planks that form the wall, which contrast nicely with the many horizontal lines crossing the picture. The window and the half-drawn curtain is also something that intrigues me; I want to if there is anyone inside, and what they are doing; it's obviously some kind of worker's hut, but for an avid railway lover like me, I could ask for no better view! Location: Kil, Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment