Friday 8 May 2015

Venice Story

Today I was supposed to be in Venice, spending the entire day taking photographs, and catching a night train to Munich in the evening. But sadly the German rail strike that is now on its fourth day disrupted all my travel plans earlier in the week, forcing me to retreat to Denmark instead of heading for Bavaria and Italy. I have been blessed with good fortunate in the past when travelling, so I am not too peeved by the disruption, but I am sad at missing out on Venice, and am therefore posting a picture from last time I was there – way back in 1984! It was taken with my nifty pocket-110 camera (long gone) and, though a little faded, captures much of what I am sure Venice is still like today – it seems to be a timeless place altogether. I will make it there again one day though. I must! Location: Venice, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment