Wednesday 21 May 2014

Westminster Bridge

Another bridge in my ongoing –and admittedly quite casual– project to photograph all the bridges that cross the River Thames. This is one of my favourites, and certainly one of the most famous: Westminster Bridge, leading to (or from) the Palace of Westminster and the Parliament buildings housed there. This was taken from the embankment further upstream, so the perspective is a little compressed, but it shows the dramatic wonder that is the London Eye. Once again I was eager to get a shot of a red double-decker bus as it crossed the bridge, and I was delighted that the one red gondola on the eye happened to be midway at the same time, providing a nice little colour echo, as does the white of the wheel and the cranes further back. I deliberately did not include the water in this shot -it was the bridge itself I wanted to give priority too. The shot is a little blurred because of the distance it was taken from (and this is one of the few times I wish I had a bigger lens), but I liked the bold combination of urban wonders and the overhanging trees, and the colours and of course the fact that it is another shot of my favourite city! Location: London, England

No comments:

Post a Comment