Sunday 26 January 2014

Ivy Window

It's been a particularly dull and grey day today, and though I have been out photographing snow scenes all afternoon I didn't feel particularly up to posting anything to do with winter tonight; rather I had a need for colour and the cozy glow of warm interiors. Well, I think this picture is rather bright and cheeful, and certainly cozy. It's a window of my favourite restaurant in London, The Ivy –a legendary place that seeps with theatre history and chic glamour. It's exclusive and admittedly quite expensive, so I only dine there when I am feeling particularly rich or have been invited, but in terms of food, service and elegant panache it's the tops. I took this picture on one of those occasions when I couldn't afford to go in, but could only gaze at or through the frosted windows, with their coloured glass diamonds. The lights and coziness beyond beckon, but are hazy, and the window is as much a barrier as a tempting invitation. Soon I shall step inside once more! Location: London, England

No comments:

Post a Comment