Friday 4 October 2013

Leaf in London

Autumn usually arrives gradually, and subtly, seldom dramatically; but there is sometimes a particular moment that informs you of its arrival – as unmistakable a calling card in the progress of change of season as the first buds of spring. This leaf was the calling card of one such autumn, its fall to the ground stopped by being snagged by part of lamp-fitting outside a London Underground station, and staying there at a strange angle, signaling to all who left or entered the station that the change of season had begun. I found it rather beautiful -the mixture of nature and city, though I wish I had stopped for longer to take a closer, better picture. Unfortunately I was in a hurry; it had turned rather chilly. But I captured the moment that autumn arrived! Location: London, England

No comments:

Post a Comment