Tuesday 1 October 2013

Enchanted Lake

Ok, so I finally must concede that summer has now said its goodbyes and autumn (or fall if you are so inclined) is impatiently and eagerly colouring gold and red the foliage that has been so richly green for the past months. Indeed it has been one of the finest summers I can remember. But autumn is always more glorious, more dramatic, and melancholy, and it is my favourite season –at least until the temperatures stoop and the winds rip off the last garments of magnificently dressed trees. Autumn is also a dream for photography, and I was particularly proud of this shot that I took of a perfectly still, little lake on Belle Isle, which is located in the James River that flows through Richmond. I came across it quite by accident while out exploring and at just the right time, when the sun was mellow and the air crisp and clear. The bare rock face in the background (which I believe indicates that this was once part of a quarry) creates an interesting blue effect in the palette of faded greens and gold, and the twin dipping trunks of the most prominent tree spills its reflection lazily into the tranquil surface to create an image of both graceful sadness and mysterious beauty. Location: Virginia, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment