Friday 12 July 2013

The Tour Party

People on tour groups fascinate me -they become something of a creature of their own, rather like queues do, and tend quite often to adopt all sorts of interesting dynamics, habits and even manners of dress -mostly very colourful. Inevitably cameras (or other photograph-taking devices) are always at the ready, so that nothing is missed. Yet sometimes I feel the cameras are seeing whatever it is the people are looking at rather than the viewer -say I, who take photographs myself! Now I am not at all criticizing or mocking tour groups in any way –though rudely noisy or disrespectful groups of any kind tend to ignite my irritation– I just find them interesting to observe. This group are visiting Oslo's historical castle. I liked the colours and ways people are standing, and the cameras and the man with his hand oustretched give a focal point that is out of frame; whatever it is it clearly has them captivated ..except one or two who seem rather bored. Location: Oslo, Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment