Tuesday 6 June 2017

Boat from Above

There's not really a story behind this picture –though I am sure this little boat could tell a tale or two if it were graced with the power of speech. However, I was attracted by all the little details, and the way the bright sunlight played on the murky water and the various textures seen here. I was particularly fascinated by the peeling surface of the quay, revealing a lighter paint beneath and giving the impression of a coastal map. The two brick-shaped objects a little further along are haphazardly placed but perfectly harmonious with the rest of the setting, and the colour is mirrored in that of the oars –another pair. There are also numerous circles here that contrast with each other thematically. I also find it a very calming image –you can feel the warmth of this particular day, and the water is totally tranquil. One of my favourite pictures. Location: Portsmouth, England

No comments:

Post a Comment