Wednesday 21 January 2015

London Street at Night After Rain

Ok, so it's a little bit blurred; my camera is not the best at taking night shots, but I had a go when I saw the coloured lights reflected in the puddle. Wet surfaces always appeal to me, and uneven pavements with lots of detail make for interesting viewing. Also, as this is a pedestrian-street, there are no cars, giving the view more of a timeless quality. It's also my favourite street in London – Cecil Court, home of numerous niche bookshops and treasure-houses of prints, memorabilia, old maps, coins and more. The coloured lights were up for Christmas and along with the other lights from shops and lamps merge in a washed-out effect, almost like a painting. It's also rather moody, which I like. Location: London, England

No comments:

Post a Comment