Tuesday 12 August 2014

Soho Street After Rain

I don't like rain –that is: I don't like being out in it. But I love the atmosphere and freshness of the air afterwards, particularly in cities like London, which somehow become even more alive after rain. I also love the opportunities that are presented when it comes to taking interesting pictures; wet pavements (flagstones here) reflect light and give vividness to otherwise dark features on walls and street furniture. Also, London's back streets are often far more exciting to explore than the well-trodden main thoroughfares, and the absence of cars here places the picture in a rather timeless and nostalgic past. I liked the lines stretching all down the street here and the way the buildings loom on either side –not in a ominous way, but rather sagaciously I think. Location: Soho, London, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment