Saturday 21 June 2014

The London Eye...

I have yet to take a trip on the marvel that is The London Eye - it's one of the things I keep meaning to do every time I visit London, but have never actually managed. I was there a day or two before it first opened, when they were still testing it out, and one day I shall indeed take to the sky and no doubt enjoy the experience, but I find it a fascinating structure from the ground too, a modern landmark of my favourite city. Especially close up when your hear the whirring machinery and almost feel the movement of the huuuuuuuuge wheel above. Here the wheel shares the frame with another London landmark –and indeed another "London Eye": one of the beautiful lamps that have been part of the Embankment since Victorian times. Here it seems to loom into the picture, peering (benignly?) down at us as we gaze upward. Location: London, England

No comments:

Post a Comment