Tuesday 26 November 2013

Cute Van

Being more of a train and ship kind of person I'm not really into cars or road vehicles, so you won't have seen many photographs of them on my blog. But some vehicles are just too cute not to be given a spot. Like this one –a delightful little ice-cream van that I found parked outside the British Museum in London. Its has a beautifully evocative colour scheme and charming lines, undeniably retro but with plenty of attitude too –the light, creamy sort! Its profile reminds me a lot of certain fish that you find in tropical waters, the window resembling an eye and the front a sort of snout. I like the way the wet flagstones and puddles reflect the blue of the wheels, and the stance of the rather bored-looking ice-cream man inside as he waits for customers. Above all I love the cleanness and cheerfulness of the little truck contrasted with the sombre and rather grey columns and facade behind it. A cute van indeed. And very British. Location: London, England

No comments:

Post a Comment