Saturday 11 May 2013

Polynesian Coast

I had the good fortune some time ago of staying in a hotel in Tahiti that was the former palace of a Polynesian queen. It had a jetty that struck out across crystal clear water filled with colourful fish, and I took this picture from there. I happened to have black and white film in the camera at the time, so you will have to imagine the vibrant colours of the water, sky and vegetation –at least until I can get some of the transparancies I shot scanned. But I rather like the picture nonetheless. The building sticking into the water is really just a big hall, and if you could see inside at this particular moment you would see a wedding taking place -exotic and accompanied by much drumming- but otherwise this is a supremely peaceful place. Location: Tahiti

No comments:

Post a Comment