Thursday 25 April 2013

Weird Landscape

This is one of the last pictures I took with my first digital camera, when it had become so light sensitive that most every photograph came out over-exposed, despite my attempts to combat this. It had had a good run, and was replaced by a reliable Canon PowerShot A2200, with which many of the pictures I have posted here have been shit with. I will be advancing to other, bigger cameras for careful and more artistic studies, but for mobilty, instant accessibility and convenience I am a strong devotee of small, simple cameras, and I always have one with me wherever I go. But back to this picture: it was one of many that were about to be trashed, due to the over-exposure, but tweaking the image a little in an attempt to salvage it I found it turned into quite a startling image –the two leafless trees give the picture a slightly eerie, post-apocalyptic look, whilst the blues and greens, though almost alien, also look more hopeful! Location: Charleston, South Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment